Use the Forum, 'Game Suggestions' category, to suggest new features, changes to current features, or
even re-balancing of existing features if you feel they are too strong/weak/etc....
Admin & co.
- Bug fixes
- Incorrect message on 'Trade Result'
- Race Change not processed (Thanks Caldrin)
- New features
- Alliance rank now decided by a moving average of total power over the last
Covert/AntiCovert ranks separated and individually calculated for total ranking
- New Graphics / Layout
- Roll-out On hold during testing - volunteers welcome
- Backend / Security
- Server optimization in response to (relatively frequent) lag
- Market PPT restricted if more than 47 hours of PPT left.
- Full Planet overview available, "View All Planets" in Planet navigation
- Backend: set up continuous evaluation of game stability
- Requesting a refund of a rejected broker now checks whether the refund would break
Units or Turns. The rejected trade remains available for refund for 720 minutes
rejection; if the initiator cannot make room for the Units or Turns, the traded
lost. The same principle now applies to trades on the Public Market
- Black Market rates revised
- Planet Conquest: limits on constructing defence on newly conquered planets
- Planet Creation: automatic naming based on a pool of names
- Battlefield: alignment
- Marketplace: revision
- Forgot Password changed to 'Request Password Reset'
- Duplicate use of e-mail address now accepted for Regular / NG-source accounts
- Planet Conquest: dual/triple limits no longer apply to planets being taken back by
previous owner within a week after being taken
- Bank Captcha added
- Per May 6th, 2 new ascension levels become available
- Honour for the person who first ascends to level 25
- Market inflation correction
- Glory and Reputation revised: acquisition ranks amended
Current Ascension level effect:
Glory and Reputation per Rank (current 31-12-16):
Level 0-9: 2.5x regular Glory and Reputation
Level 10-19: 1.5x regular Glory and Reputation
Level 20-25: 1x regular Glory and Reputation
1: 15 Glory and Reputation
2 - 18: 5 Glory and Reputation
19 - 62: 2 Glory and Reputation
63 - 320: 1 Glory and Reputation
- Max Glory and Reputation/turn Pergatory: 1
- Backend Security updates.
- Alliance PPT oddity: Fixed an inconspicuous anomaly with the cumulative nature of
alliance PPTs. Alliance PPTs now stack properly. In the same fix, regulated vacation
mode entry effect to enforce 24 hours off PPT prior to vacationing. All PPT is
in the same way: alliance, ascension, market and bonus.
- Opt-out Alliance PPT: Allowing players more control over their own accounts, the
allows you to ignore the Alliance PPTs used by your alliance leaders. - You might be
planning a trip and have to be able to hit vacation mode. Your planning being
interrupted by well-meaning alliance officials could potentially ruin your vacation!
- Introducing Player-to-Player market: anonymous market where players can post sell
and buy select amounts from those orders. A trade history is available where you can
how much your sell orders have earned you. The Public Market is region-locked, you
trade with your fellow inhabitants of either Pergatory or Normal, but not with both
the same time, or when travelling. Average trade ratios are presented to give an
what a fair trade would be. This is to assist people new to the system. Other than
Free Capitalism For Everyone. Go get rich. As a non-Supporter your daily number of
Market operations is limited to one. Buyer: When buying Attack Turns, you are
the cap. Seller: When receiving Attack Turns, you receive Personal Attack Turns.
receiving Untrained Soldiers, you receive Miners. When receiving Naquadah, you
this in your Bank.
- Introducing 'Alliance Tax': Set a tax rate on banking operations for your alliance
members. 50% of the tax is collected into the alliance bank, 50% is lost to corrupt
banking officials. This should add some means for people to re-fill their alliance
banks, making the Blood War an interesting option (if your enemy has a big bank,
the big bucks!), as well as give starting alliances a chance to make a running
Tax rate is default 0%, so your alliance leader will have to actively set the rate.
- To prevent abuse login is restricted to one session at a time.
- Reworked/streamlined registration process. Newly registering players can now choose
between 4 basic race configurations (which they can change to suit their wishes
in-game), hopefully easing the registration for those unfamiliar with GateWars. In
addition changes were made to the activation process. The Administration was
that e-mails regularly were either not sent, or not received. In so far as the issue
lies with us (sending) the changes implemented should prevent this from happening to
you. You are still encouraged to check your Spam folder should you not receive your
e-mail, contact GateWars Support
with -at least- your username.
- Security update in regards to 'multiple accounts per user' rules.
- House management: Leaving a house (voluntarily or involuntarily) means you are
from joining a House for the next 6 days. (thanks Mathlord for pointing out
loopholes within the mechanics)
- House elections: Voting for a House Leader can be done after 6 days of changing the
vote. While the House bureaucracy is processing your vote, you are protected from
kicked from the house for a single day.
- Alliance management: required checkbox added on the 'Disband Alliance' button.
several butterfingered alliance-wreckers)
- Planets: Subtle and limited automatic obscenity filtering to planet names. (thanks
Rahl for pointing out the increasing need for enforcement)
- House elections: Changing House no longer affects time to next vote. Upon entering a
house, you automatically vote for yourself.
- House elections: You can no longer 'reset' your vote by voting for the same
(thanks Clockwork for testing repeatedly)
- House elections: You can now vote once every 3 days. This tweak was required to
the taking of a house by a new alliance before being kicked by the current house
- Planet Conquest Limits: Triple, Dual 'possession limit' corrected after conquering
Triple or Dual planets degrading on conquest.
- Planet Degradation: Triples/Duals degrade to Duals/Singles. Triple->Dual degradation
after 2 conquests, Dual->Single degradation after 5.
- House Private Messaging functionality restored. Leader of House-Leading Alliance can
send messages to House members or Leaders of House alliances. (thanks
- Announcement system revised and modernised. (thanks Fury of Icarus)
- Blood War: can un-train miners in pre-war stage.
- Blood War: Individual Military Experience now properly documents kills on both
AND defence troops.
- Blood War: Alliance Military Experience - general rewrite.
- Blood War: (past) Blood War Records now publicly available - (through Galactic Wars)
- Lifer Suicide: Now properly documented. (no longer grouped as 'Anti-Covert'
kills/losses, but divided properly across Attack
- Lifer Suicide: Further changes/balancing topic of discussion until March 11th. Go here to discuss your views on lifer kill
rates, and make your voice heard.
Private Broker: Trade Maximums updated in response to broker abuse.
- Fixed 'Daimon Catch-22' -> Market PPT gives 1 Race Change point. FSS/USS give 3 Race
Change points. If you find yourself trapped as a Daimon, change your Race Personality Type. (thanks
- Merlin cancellation -> allow cancelling active planet cloak. No refund on
(thanks zach obourn)
- Several tiny changes/spelling fixes.
- Can't join/accept invite or quit an alliance in (pre-)Blood War -- No 'outside'
reinforcements, no running away
- Alliance leader(1/2/3) can't kick/invite players in (pre-)Blood War -- No 'outside'
reinforcements, no mercy killing
- Only active alliance members at the start of Blood War count towards Pop (those who
from vacation into BW are prey -extra kills- for the enemy -> communicate!) --
reinforcements; added firepower with the weakness of also providing your opponent
more to kill
- Ante for Blood War is 10% of both alliance banks (down from bug 100%) -- Might go up
this proves to be insufficient incentive
- Emergency Temporal Shift (GloryPhase) and Double Strike (GloryStrike) cannot be
during the actual Blood War -- Soldiers don't understand new realm, can't use
tech (AB remains, for now)
Read more detailed explanations
here (on the Forums)
- Alliance Message -> 1-,2-,3ic sender now given properly
- Ascended Blessing tech displays when you have bought, instead of always
- 'the' -> Double Dormant/Descended -> naming rules changed
- Unread messages -> coloured display in inbox
- Alert on new messages on base page
- Realm alert levels renamed
- 'Mark ALL read' button (thanks Doc Holliday)
Read more detailed explanations
here (on the Forums)
* New administrator / developer / support
* IRC Admin meets resume: Fridays 08:30 and 15:30 Game Time at #theplace
* Updates archived (click the bar below to check them out).
Brought to you by Kingdom Games Ltd.
note: no images are from copyrighted sources; we are not affiliated with any TV or
movie company; if it doesn't say 'Kingdom Games' on the site, it is not ours.